Last revision: March 14, 2022
The respect of your private life is of the utmost importance for Fortune Creek Canada, who is responsible for this website.
- the way your personal information is collected and processed. “Personal information” means any information that could identify you, such as your name, your mailing address, your email address, your location and your IP address; your rights regarding your personal information;
- who is responsible for the processing of the collected information;
- to whom the information is transmitted;
- if applicable, the website’s policy regarding cookies.
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect the following personal information:
- Last Name
- First name
- Mailing address
- Postal code
- Email address
- Phone and/or fax number
- Credit card number
The personal information we collect is collected through the collection methods described in the following section.
2. FORMS AND METHODS OF COLLECTION
Your personal information is collected through the following methods:
- Website registration form
- Order form
- Survey form
We use the collected data for the following purposes:
- Order tracking
- Special offers
- Managing the website
Your personal information is also collected through the interactivity between you and the website. This personal information is collected through the following methods:
- Information for promotional offers
We use the personal information thus collected for the following purposes:
- Website management
4. COOKIES AND LOG FILES
We collect information through log files and cookies. These allow us to process statistics and information about traffic on the Website, to ease navigation, and to improve your experience for your comfort.
a) Cookies used by the Website
The cookie files used on the Website are the following:
- IP address
- Operating system
- Pages visited and queries
- Day and time of connection
The use of such files allows us to achieve the following purposes:
- Improvement of the service and personalized welcome
- Personalized consumption profiles
- Order tracking
By using the Website, cookies from the following third parties may be saved on your hard disk:
The website also embeds sharing and social media networks buttons that allow you to share your activity on the Website. Cookies and log files from the social media networks may be saved on your computer when you use these features.
You have the right to object to the recording of these cookies and log files by configuring your web browser.
Once you have deactivated cookies and log files, you may continue your use of the Website. However, any malfunction resulting from this deactivation shall not be considered of our making.
5. SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information collected by the Website is not transmitted to any third party and is processed only by us.
6. STORAGE PERIOD OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
7. HOSTING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our website is hosted by: Cloudways.
The host may be contacted at the following location: https://www.cloudways.com/en/contact_us.php
Personal information we collect and process is transferred to the following countries: USA.
The “Controller” is: Fortune Creek Canada. The Controller may be contacted as follows:
by phone: 1-866-456-1981
The Controller is in charge of determining the purposes for which personal information is processed and the means of such processing.
b) Obligations of the Controller
The Controller is committed to protecting the personal information collected, not to transmit it to third parties without informing you, and to respect the purposes for which personal information was collected.
In the event that the integrity, confidentiality or security of your personal information is compromised, the Controller is committed to notifying you.
9. RIGHT OF OBJECTION AND OF WITHDRAWAL
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information by the Website (“right to object”). You also have the right to request that your personal information not appear, for example, on a mailing list (“right to withdraw”).
If you wish to exercise the right to object or the right to withdraw, you must follow the procedure described hereinafter:
The user may submit a request to the controller at the email address indicated above
10. RIGHT OF ACCESS, OF RECTIFICATION AND OF REMOVAL
You have the right to consult, update, modify or request the removal of information about you by following the procedure described hereinafter:
The user must submit a request to the controller at the email address indicated above
If you have a personal account, you may request its removal by following the procedure described hereinafter:
The user must send an email to the data controller. This email must contain the information on the account (associated email address as well as account number). The email must be sent to the data controller using the email registered to the site.
Personal information we collect is stored in a secured environment. People working for us are obligated to respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
To ensure the security of your personal information, we use the following methods:
- SSL (Security Sockets Layer) Protocol
- SET (Secure Electronic Transaction) Protocol
- Access management – person authorized
- Access management – person concerned
- Network surveillance software
- Automatic backup
- Digital certificate
We are committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality by integrating the latest technological innovations that allow us to ensure the confidentiality of your transactions. Nevertheless, no mechanism can ensure complete security, and transmitting personal information on the Internet always contains an element of risk.
12. PRIVACY CERTIFICATION
Our commitments relating to the protection of personal information meet the standards of the following program(s):
- TRUSTe: http://truste.org
- WebTrust: http://webtrust.net
- VeriSign: http://www.verisign.com
push notification when users will access the website; – email to the email address provided in the users account.
15. APPLICABLE LAW
We are committed to ensuring compliance with all applicable legislation, including, but not limited to:
- the Criminal Code (R.S.C., 1985, c. C-46);
- Canada’s anti-spam legislation (CASL);
- the National Security Act, 2017 (S.C. 2019, c. 13);
- the Communications Security Establishment Act (S.C. 2019, c. 13, s. 76);
- the Security of Information Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. O-5);
- the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (S.C. 2000, c. 5) or Provincial counterparts in jurisdictions that have their own privacy laws.